Rules & Regulations NorthCape4000
- Helmet, lights, respect of local and national laws and respect of the rules of the road. We want that the NorthCape4000 becomes an expression of Sport, adventure and a healthy lifestyle. Therefore remember, Safety First or there can be no fun.
- The start of the event is scheduled for Saturday, July 24, 2021 on the Lake Garda. The organization will provide all participants with a complete track of the route to be followed until the arrival in North Cape, but remember that, at any time and for any reason related to your safety, as well as traffic and road conditions, including road works, deviations and any other imponderable situation that you may face along the track we have provided, you are free, at your discretion, to leave the track and resume it as soon as these conditions have ceased and your safety is guaranteed again. So, you can deviate from the path at any time and then resume it later, using alternative roads at your discretion, if conditions require it. In any case, the organization will always be able to check your route, your position and your speed.
- Along the route, the participants have to carry out a validation procedure at all mandatory Gates specified by the staff. If the checks on live tracking detect that the participant cut short or failed to pass through one of the 4 Gates or to carry out the validation, the participant will be automatically disqualified.
- It is not permitted in any way whatsoever the use of outside support from third parties and unfortunately, following some incorrect behaviors recorded in edition III, cars are not allowed even with the sole purpose of documenting the event. If during the event the organization finds cars to accompany an athlete, the athlete will be immediately disqualified from the event. If the live tracking shows any misdemeanours such as the use of automated transport for example, the participant will be immediately disqualified. It is your responsibility to uphold the principles of adventure and honesty; to have one’s name on the list of finishers at the top of the world is honour and an achievement. But it is your responsibility to ensure it is done in a clean and sportsmanship like manner.
- Live tracking of the participants during the event will be made by a GPRS Tracker device or other device / smartphone app at discretion of the organization, provided for free by the organization to each participant. It is the participants’ obligation to track their position during the event constantly, under penalty of expulsion from the event in case of failure to provide their tracking and after a warning by the organization.
- The freedom of interpretation is a fundamental principle of NorthCape4000. You are free to tackle the course on their own or in teams, with people known on the day of departure or with a group of friends.
- The organization does not recommend participants to cycle during nighttime and, in any case, where there is low visibility or poor safety conditions. If you decide to do this, it is mandatory to use an appropriate front and rear lighting system as well as a high visibility reflective clothing. Cycling consecutively for many days, with few or no rest, can cause hallucinations and drastically lower the threshold of attention on the road and the perception of danger.